Tipser (tipser.com) is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us building a scalable web-based distributed commerce platform.
We’re looking for a passionate and communicative person with very good English skills that possesses a deep understanding of the Software Craftsmanship and DevOps mindset. We value teamwork and team culture - that is we have a lot of fun everyday! 🤟
We offer a chance to grow in an international software start-up based in Stockholm, Barcelona and Wroclaw with top professionals that are crafting a revolutionary marketplace as a service solution. We are successfully providing our services to top brands and companies world-wide.
Tipser builds a platform that enables e-commerce on any site. Our customers are the major media houses and marketplaces in the USA, UK, Scandinavia, Germany, France and many other countries. Our vision is to empower other sites to run commerce on their own platforms; including shopping carts, checkout, payment as well as serving real time statistical data.
About our technology
Our tech stack is React+TypeScript on the frontend and mostly .NET core on the backend, but with some microservices/modules written in Ruby and Go.
The infrastructure is deployed mostly on AWS and other providers are used whenever needed, and we always try to make pragmatic choices and always prefer technology-agnostic and future-proof solutions. We try to stay cloud-native and be on the very edge of what's hot and useful at the same time.
Our current infra tech stack consists of:
- IaaC: Terraform (Terragrunt) and CloudFormation (Serverless, Sceptre).
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions.
- Computing: ECS/EC2, Lambda. (K8s experience is welcomed a lot!)
- Observability: Prometheus, CloudWatch, ElasticSearch, Grafana, CW Logs, Papertrail, Athena.
On top of our infrastructural roadmap, we want to empower our product teams to safely introduce new services in an easy way. To make the whole infra even more scalable and resilient. Come help us!
- Help us setup a stable infrastructural foundations for the future growth
- Be a part of a platform team and have a chance to work with the actual core infrastructure and contribute from the day one!
- Have a direct impact on the future of our architecture
- Serve as an expert on the applications we develop and provide technical support for dev teams, including bootstrapping new projects.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer/SRE
- 2+ years commercial experience working with AWS
- Ability to design, implement and refine complex and secure architectural solutions
- Knowledge of web architecture patterns
- Experience working on highly scalable distributed services infrastructure
- Scripting (Bash/Python/JS)
- In-depth understanding of Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP etc.
- Linux administration + Containers/Docker stuff
- Very good English
- Passion to build awesome things
Would be perfect if you:
- Knew .Net Core/5+, TypeScript, Python or any other modern programming language
- Had commercial experience working with event-driven architecture and tools like Kafka, SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ or equivalents
- Had MongoDB/ElasticSearch/Postgres experience
- Had software/system architect experience
- Had ETL processing/big data/machine learning experience
- Working in a fast growing and stable international start-up fuelled by an awesome tech team based in Poland, Wroclaw and Spain, Barcelona
- Great challenges, cool and helpful team with an office right in the very city center
- Open and skilled team to support your ideas and help you develop
- One of the best coffees in the country, hackathons and Yoga classes
- Conference budget (we love that you learn!) and other perks
- Regular all-team retreats and meet-ups
We are excited to speak with you about the DevOps Engineer role!