We are witnessing a massive shift in consumer behaviour from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe working on the next generation of e-commerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments, and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
Bolt is fundamentally reimagining e-commerce identity by building a global identity layer that allows shoppers to have seamless, personalised, and rewarding experiences across any retailer with one account. We’re starting with one click checkout but plan to expand what our accounts products can do for both shoppers and retailers.
The Bolt commerce solution expands into places where commerce has never been seen as native before. At Bolt we believe e-commerce should not be tied to any specific place, app or website. We make any product in the world buyable on any digital surface, with the most streamlined user experience possible. Bolt believes that anyone should be able to buy anything from anywhere with one click - Commerce Everywhere.
Bolt is hiring a Product Designer to help shape our product strategy and ensure every feature or product we release is world-class. The ideal candidate has deep user empathy, a passion for simplifying complex problems, and an action-oriented mentality. As a product designer at Bolt, in addition to designing and developing projects from start to finish you’ll play a foundational role in setting product vision and strategy.
To excel in this role you will need to be a consumer products thought leader, structured in your thinking, customer, and quality obsessed, able to work directly with partners and customers, and willing to move fast and iterate. You will partner with engineering, product management, and other cross-functional teams to drive short-term results as well as long-term innovation. Lastly, you need to be comfortable moving into uncharted territories building products and features outside of your areas of expertise.
What You'll Do
- Built the new shopping solution for creators
- Work cross-functionally (design, engineering, CSMs, support, sales, marketing, product, research) to iterate on Bolt products
- Partner with PMs to understand and identify opportunities
- Conduct user research sessions both independently and in partnership with UX research and communicate findings to product and engineering teams
- Design simple but elegant product flows from start to finish
- Create prototypes and product iterations
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Elevate the role of design within the company
- Partner with engineering to ship pixel-perfect designs
- Provide systems thinking that solves design problems at scale, both strategically and tactically.
- Comfortable switching between high level vision thinking to hands-on pixel work.
What Will Set You Up for Success
- 4+ years of experience designing digital products (web and mobile)
- Strong with visual design, UX/UI, and user research and able to collaborate deeply with other designers and UX Research
- Ability to digest and compile data in a meaningful way to inform and communicate design research and decisions to stakeholders
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work in vague problem spaces
- Proven track record of contributing to team strategy and planning
- Regularly incorporates sketches, wireframes, and prototypes into your design process
- Proficient with Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch or similar
- Past experience working closely with product managers and engineers
What we offer
- An international career at a scale-up tech-company with a flexible working environment
- An opportunity to grow in a company where innovation, boldness and self-leadership are valued
- A culture that values the idea of Conscious Hypergrowth with a Heart (https://conscious.org/)
- 500+ awesome colleagues around the world; offices in Wrocław, Poland; Barcelona, Spain; Stockholm, Sweden; SF, US, New York, US and fast growing in more countries.
- Regular all team retreats, meet-ups, and continued learning opportunities
- Weekly yoga, and bootcamp classes!
- Extensive benefits package to include continued learning and development opportunities, generous vacation, and health benefits
How to Apply
- Apply with your CV and tell us why you think that we would be a great match. You will hear back from us with feedback on your application either way.
- To try to keep the whole process as unbiased as possible we will ask a few candidates, that match the requirements for the role, to complete an assessment test.
- Intro Call - a quick call with a member of our Talent Team to discuss the role and learn who you are!
- An interview with a future colleague or manager - an excellent time for you to make sure Tipser is the right fit for you and to learn more about your potential new role.
- In certain instances, we ask later stage candidates to prepare a case study.
- Final Interview - the last stage of the interview process that may involve interviewing with one of our VPs or Directors, or a mix of everyone!
- We know that waiting to hear about a job can be stressful - we give feedback and updates to each candidates as quickly as possible.
- If we feel that your skillset, energy, and drive are exactly what we are looking for we will ask for your references.
- If everything is clear, now is that time when we make you an offer, you accept, and everyone celebrates!
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To help us place the right people in the right role, we believe in science-based and fair assessment methods. Therefore, as part of our recruitment process, we use Alva Labs assessments to help us increase our hiring success by identifying the candidates that are most likely to thrive and be successful in the role.